I have a weakness for sweets...especially chocolate. A few years ago, we took a trip to Hershey Park in Hershey, PA. It is a beautiful drive there and only 2 hours away. Our family has been hooked since. Because this past weekend was stake conference at church (which means a get out of teaching day for us teachers), we were feeling a little sponataneous and decided to pick up and go on Friday afternoon. It was the first weekend of summer, so I thought there was no way we'd find a hotel room, but we lucked out. The place wasn't the Ritz, but it wasn't a dump either. We got into the park after 5pm, when people were basically leaving. If any of you go there, I highly recommend this because it is less crowded, less hot, and half the price!
G rode on a good sized coaster. I was pretty surprised that he actually initiated going on it and enjoyed it as well! I, on the other hand, cower at coasters. I think it's something that has come upon me as I have gotten older. I used to love riding coasters...or maybe I really didn't love them, but rode them to avoid looking like a chicken in front of my friends!
The day after Hershey Park, we went to the train museum and also took a buggy ride through the Amish country. Everything is so close and there's so much to do there. Anyone who lives in this area who wants a quick family friendly trip, this is the place!
I am posting one picture above with my one complaint...sharing a bed with some crazy sleepers. I had a bed with the girls and Cedric shared one with G. I did not get a wink of sleep. I saved each kid from falling off the bed probably a gazillion times. The pic. above was taken at 3am. Love how T's head is right up against M's bum!
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. We have done the Hershey Park candy factory several times, but have yet to try the amusement park. Maybe this will be the year!
(Great minds think alike, with going to Pennyslvannia.)
Hooray for chocolate theme parks! My family went to Hershey when I was 10 or so and I have always wanted to go back. Sorry you got no sleep though.
I can totally relate to sleeping with two girls... My girls sleep all over the bed too, horizontally must be more comfortable or something. I love the fact you got up at 3am to get a picture... that is definitely a sign of a bad night's sleep.
Post a Comment