Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jumpstarting the Season

A shot of the temple taken by G

The girls in front of one of the trees decorated from around the world


Us (minus Ced the photographer) in front of the temple


I'm sure I am speaking for many of you, but Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. This year, we are trying to keep things more simple and enjoy the memories with our family and friends. Every year, we go to the annual temple lighting ceremony at the DC temple. My ex-boss' wife (follow that?) is the Director for International Relations for our church. They usually put on a good show and have general authorities speak. It is by invitation only and we are joined in the crowd by Congressmen, ambassadors, etc. The kids always like to see the "castle where mommy and daddy were married." It's fun to tell them how they were just a twinkle in our eye when we were married there. The lights are always beautiful at the temple and it's such a great way to kick off the season.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the photos. I've missed going to see the Festival of Lights and the Nativity displays, concerts, etc. Thanks for sharing!