Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessing









Happy Mother's Day to all the dear moms out there! This year, Mother's Day means a little more to me because of the recent birth of our baby. I cannot describe the feeling of holding an innocent and precious newborn baby in my arms. I know you mothers understand it well. It also frightens me to know that it is up to me to love, teach, and provide for my children. I remember after having G, I didn't think I could love anyone more than him. When T came, I quickly found that there is always enough love in a mother's heart for each child. We have such a huge responsibility that has been entrusted in us, as mothers. I know that through the sacrafice and hardships we face, comes more and more love for our children. It is only through that sacrafice that we gain that love. When I wake up at 2am with B, all I want for him to do is chug his milk and go back to sleep, in my tired state. When he looks up at me and smiles, I can't help but think that these are the little things in life that keep us going. How can you not love that?

What makes this Mother's Day so special is that we were able to bless B today at church. Cedric's parents came down for the blessing and we had a nice weekend. Cedric gave a beautiful blessing. It reassures me that if we are rooted in our beliefs and values as a family, we will all turn out okay in the end!

4 comments:

Laura said...

you look great! what a cute family!

Kerry and Dave said...

What a special day to bless a baby! We blessed Lacey on Easter Sunday and I loved doing that. I think of that every Easter and you will think of this every Mother's Day. What a cute family!

Sierra said...

Your family looks so cute. It's hard for me to believe you have 4 now. Seems like just yesterday there were 2.

Mer said...

Beautifully said. What a lovely family!