Monday, June 7, 2010

Going to the Woods

I'm finally caught up!!! I've just posted about 12 new posts, so please go back to the older posts, if you have time!

The last time we went camping was about two years ago. I was a little apprehensive about bringing four kids this time. We decided to try for two nights this time, only because it takes SO LONG to pack and going for only one night didn't seem worth it. The kids had a lot of fun. We decided that we wanted to be comfortable, so we purchased a 12 man tent. We could fit 4 queen sized air mattress in there. Oh, am I happy we did that! The second night we were there, it rained. Our tent leaked a little, but we managed to stay dry.
We went on a hike, saw a bird show, and even saw a mommy bear and her three cubs! Deer were abound and were not afraid of people. We had a great time with friends (174 people from our church went). The kids loved running around with their friends and exploring nature. If we're brave enough, we may try this again soon, but maybe beach camping. We'll see!
Friends hanging out...
Making S'mores...

Our friend took G and T on their first motorcycle ride on a Harley!




Inside our mansion tent...

The outside...

B enjoying himself. He was so hard keeping him still.


At the hike...

B was on my back.


The cousins held hands most of the way. Striking a pose... The hike was about 3-4 miles round trip. So proud of them!

M behind daddy...
Hopefully we'll go again soon!!!

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

Love all your posts! Looks like you guys had fun camping!!

Jodi said...

I just found your blog through Tera's (and facebook). So cute! I love the pictures. Your tent looks like ours. I love camping, but I also love a huge tent and a good aerobed!:)