Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Heart Day, I guess


Am I the only one that thinks Valentine's Day is a sorry excuse for a holiday? I am just not a very sappy person to begin with, but it seems like all those heart shaped chocolates and cheesy pink stuffed animals that say "I love you" are just a way for stores to make money. I don't know, shouldn't you tell the person you love them every day, rather than have a holiday for it? Okay, you can call me a sourpuss if you want...


So today we made up the valentines for all the kids in G's kindergarten and T's pre-k classes. I was so sick of those things by the end of the night. I had G write up all of the "To: so-and-so" and "From: G." His hand was all cramped up by the end of the night. It was a long task. After half an hour, he was only halfway through his list. It didn't help that he had to pick out the perfect one that fit each person in his class. Then he'd tell me all about the person, "this kid, he got sent to the principal's office for cutting his hair in class...this girl, she likes to show people her bum..." uh, stay away from her, buddy! Miss T was even more funny. Every time I got to a boy on the list, she'd say, "Can I skip him? I don't want to give valentines to boys, I don't like them." Oh, how one day that will change. I guess I will cherish this moment while it lasts!


Anyway, Happy V-day, whether or not you like it!

2 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

You stink! I love the chance to do lovey stuff no matter what the reason is. Plus, a little work goes a long way when they bring home their bag of valentine's from school. You should try printing off a message and taping it to a pencil (that's what we did-- it cut our time down at least 80%) (To: my friend Love,blah blah)

Karen said...

A holiday that involves chocolate can't be a total waste! We also spent a whole afternoon making Valentine's, though. Whew!