Today it has been almost four weekdays since I completed working full time. What have we been up to, you ask? Surprisingly, things are just as busy as when I was working, but filled with different types of things. I'm now trying to do things that I never got to before. I've been searching for fun and free events for the kids to enjoy. We have always been money conscious before, but it seems we are more so, now that I am not working. So free things are the best things! Some highlights of our days include: spending some time at the library. They had a reptile show there where they brought in a huge albino python. It was pretty nasty, but the kids loved it. We've gone to the playground, can't beat that. We saw a Peter Pan at the theater...they have free summer movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We also visited with McGruff for National Night Out. This is when the police come and tell you about safety and they had a moonbounce and a bunch of stuff for the kids.

Then the kids rode on this thing and were pulled around the block...there were flashing police lights and they loved it...

We had to get creative with our time, so we made toilet paper towers...

And lastly, I think I've worn them all out by staying home and doing more things with them!
3 comments:
Nice! I like the toilet paper towers the best. You're a nice mom to let them have at it with the TP.
You're so innovative - I'm impressed! And what an adorable picture of your baby!
I am glad you are able to spend more time with your kids now. Maybe it will be easier to find some time to meet up one day?
Post a Comment