Thursday, March 18, 2010

Christmas 2009

Finally, the big day has arrived! In a sense, I feel like I am planning my wedding all over again. Then when the day finally comes, you feel too exhausted to enjoy it. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. The looks on their faces were priceless. I will say, however, that I was exhausted. My hat goes off to all parents, who spend sleepless nights making sure Santa gets his cookies, everything is ready for his arrival, and that SANTA remembers to get everything he was supposed to give. I wish I could show the clips of when the kids woke up. G said he was so excited he couldn't sleep the night before. I asked him why and he said he kept thinking about Santa and Jesus. I'm glad he remembered Jesus. I know there's a lot of glitz and glimmer around Christmas, but I only hope that the kids know that it is to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

We started Christmas Eve at my brother's house. Here are the kids before dinner.

Then, on to a nativity. Here's T as a shepard.

The cutest Mary I've ever seen...
G was a wiseman...

This picture cracks me up. We actually put B in a basket and wrapped him up as baby Jesus. He went along with it for a while.

Here they all are, waiting so patiently to open gifts.


Now they are all dressed up in p.j.'s, ready to go out and see some Christmas lights (a Moran tradition)

The next morning, Santa came...check out those gifts!

Bubs was just happy to get a candy cane in his stocking. The look on his face says it all.

Here are the kids, before opening gifts.

Family shot, probably the best we could do!


All M wanted for Christmas was a "baby." Although she has a gazillion babies already, I guess Santa caved and got her another one.
The girls got this big dollhouse. It's pretty cool because it talks and makes sounds. My favorite is the toilet flushing.

Easy bake oven...a classic.
Strawberry Shortcake, another classic.

Some martian thing where you build your own martian. I guess I have to be a boy to understand!
Santa spoiled us this year and got us this...we were probably the last on our block to finally get one, but what a treat!

After a long day,we are all tired, but the part I love most is hanging out with family and enjoying each other's company.

1 comment:

Mer said...

Your kids are getting so big! They are adorable. We miss you guys!