Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Hair Cut from Mom


T's hair was looking a little rough. Since the weather's been warmer, I wanted her to get a refreshing new cut. In the past, I had taken her to a salon to get it done and she loved it. She is a girl that loves to be pampered. So this time, I thought we'd make a girls day out of it and go. She was all excited until we walked through the door and fear set in. All of the sudden, she got really scared and started crying and said she didn't want to get her hair cut because the scissors would hurt. I even tried to bribe her with nail polish, but it didn't work. Today, I used a scare tactic. I told her that if she didn't get her hair cut, the police man will come and cut it (I know, I was getting a little creative there). Then she asked if he'd cut it to look bald like her grandpa. I said yes, and that did the trick. She wouldn't go to the salon, but she would let me do it. I was a little nervous because I've never cut hair before. I think I did okay...no mohawks, so everyone is happy!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I think you did a great job for your first haircut. I almost always cut my kids hair... but it is not bc I am good at it... mostly bc Jake likes to save money. Your kids are so cute, I have enjoyed reading your blog.

Jen & the Claw said...

What a cutie! I think you did an awesome job for the first time! You'll have to check out our site in a few days to see my first hair cut ( more of like a trim) of Talon...not so good!

Taylor Swim said...

Nice work! Very creative on the stories, I might add. You did a great job!

Karen said...

Good job, Vi. She looks pleased with the results as well.