Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The End is NEAR

...for work, that is! I can officially say now that I am quitting my job by the end of this month. After enduring eight years of working full time and being a mother to three kids, I see the end approaching very closely.
I have been lucky enough for the past few years to work from home most of the time. However, I guess there are pros and cons of everything. It was eating away at me that I was home and couldn't really be with the kids. Then when I was doing something with them, there was a guilty and nagging feeling that work was being left undone. I was trying to do it all, be the "super mom"and also the working mom at once. Last night, as I was working at 10pm (there's no end when you work from home), I just realized that I have about 3 weeks left! This will be a test of enduring to the end!
I cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to do all the things I have not been able to do. It has been a great experience, but tough to say the least. My kids are my world and I can now give them the time and attention they deserve. They are small for just a short time and I do not want to miss out on these years.
So I am saying hello to the pool, the park, shopping, and everything under the sun that I've missed out on. I am saying good riddins to sitting in front of my computer all day, conference calls, tax filings, and crazy boss requests. I'm ready to just dive right in to this stay at home mom thing! I may do some side work starting in Sept., but I am limiting that to 2-3 hours a day, so I can still enjoy this time with the kids. Yea!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Yea! I am so excited for you. We will have to do a park play date together.

the Dao's said...

I can feel your excitement all over. Don't get too trunkie now.

Kerry and Dave said...

It's about time!!!! :)

Andrea said...

Hooray!! I can't believe you stuck it out so long. After being there only 4 months part-time, I was ready to be done with it. I am sure Jim will definitely miss you. Have you trained a successor?

The aMAYSing Family said...

Yeah good for you :)