For the longest time, we often saw "OBX" stickers on cars on the road and wondered what they meant. You see them everywhere around here. After asking around, we found out that it means the Outer Banks. Many of our friends faithfully go back every year and now we know why. We had to book our beach house at least six months in advance. It was a six bedroom, 5.5 bathroom beauty that we shared with some family and friends. We had our own private pool, hot tub, sand volleyball court, grills, and everything you needed from bikes, strollers, nets and buckets for the beach.
We all had a memorable experience and now are hooked! I thought I'd get sick of the beach after the first day, but not so...we went every day of the week we were there. Ced loved boogie boarding, G loved catching baby clams and trying to "surf" and the girls, T and M, thought it was a new adventure each day collecting sea shells. T also loved building sandcastles with dad. I loved soaking all the sounds and sites in. It was truely relaxing. We took the kids go-karting, where G got to drive his own car, which was probably a big highlight of the trip for him. We also rented a boat and went fishing for a few hours, in which I caught my first fish ever (and many after) with a dinky kid pole!
What we loved about the Outer Banks is that it is not commercialized and crowded. There is no boardwalk (which could bore you if you are into that), but we had fun during the day and enjoyed some family time (and adult time watching scary movies after the kids were in bed) in the evenings. We miss the beach and are hoping that next year we can return, or at least once every two years. I think we are now officially OBX junkies! We have even started looking at beach houses for future trips!
Here is a montage of some of the pictures I took. Maybe I can get you hooked too...
Getting Lacey All Moved In!
4 days ago

3 comments:
My sister lives in NC and has told us about the Outer Banks a few times. Looks like lots of fun!
Your trip looks great! The Outer Banks is on our "list" of things to do while we live here...
Hey - let's do this together next summer!
Post a Comment