Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Piercings


My little girl is growing up! When T was little, we debated on the whole earing thing. Then it got too late and we just decided to go with the flow and see when/if she'd want to get them pierced herself. A few times she almost had them done, but got really scared when we actually walked in the store. The other day, we were walking through the mall and passed a place that does piercings. T looked at me and said "I think I want to get my ears pierced." I said, "Really? Why don't you think about it while we look at shoes and then you tell me what you want to do." The whole time while we were trying on shoes, she kept telling me she wanted to hurry up and go so she could get her ears pierced. When we got there, the girl told me that she was the only one working, so the ears had to be done one at a time. I told her we'd give it a try. T did great for the first one. She almost hopped off the chair when I broke the bad news to her that there was another one to do. She wimpered a little and said, "but the first one hurt me." She took it like a champ though. So there's a picture of our girl, all grown up (being silly with food hanging out of her mouth). Now, I am supposed to clean her ears 3-4 times a day...seems a little excessive, doesn't it??

1 comment:

Karen said...

So cute. My daughter was VERY excited to get her ears pierced, too. But we only had to clean two times a day. Good luck with yours cleaning schedule.