Friday, November 7, 2008

Field Trip Re-do






T's field trip for preschool was on the same day as the Palin rally (see below posting). After the rally, the roads were jammed up and it was extremely cold outside. I was supposed to get home and take her to her field trip, but given those factors, I had her skip. I felt very guilty because she was excited to ride the bus, but I told her I'd make it up to her. G man had his field trip to a farm a few days beforehand (it was in the high 40's most of the day). He actually had a blast and wanted to go back, so we decided do a field trip re-do for T on a nicer day (70 degree weather). There were huge slides that the kids loved. T convinced us to pay extra to ride a pony there. I normally wouldn't have (I am so against paying an admission fee and then additional fee for other stuff, but that's another story), but I was still feeling guilty for having her miss the field trip, so I caved. She loved it. Being right after Halloween, they had these people on these platforms very high up in the air throwing pumpkins down and smashing them. I think that was the highlight of the day for them...watching the pumpkins hit the ground in a loud bang and see the bits scatter all over the place. Maybe we could have saved some money and just let Cedric climb up on the roof of our house and smash all of our old pumpkins! I don't think that would have been as cool, though. Hopefully, we made it up to Miss T okay. By the look on her face throughout the day, I think we did.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

It's always better to let someone else do the pumpkin smashing... then you don't have to do the clean up :)
Looks like a fun family field trip :)

The aMAYSing Family said...

Yeah your old friend HOA Gretchen would have loved Cedric up on the roof smashing pumpkins :)