Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Little M!


It's hard to believe we just celebrated our M's second birthday. I still think of her as my baby. She still will be my baby until the next one comes! Two years ago, I was scheduled to go in to have a c-section with Miss M. I was terrified and had no idea what to expect. That same day was also election day. I remember that there was an important marriage amendment that was on the chopping block in VA(kind of like Prop 8) and I thought it was my civic duty to go vote. So off I went to vote, slapped my "I Voted" sticker on, and made my way to the hospital to have my sweet M. The memory is so clear to me because of the elections we just had.
As you all know, I always do a shout out to my kiddos on their birthday. Here's to Miss M. She our cuddlebug. We can always count on a hug and kiss from her. She is the most easy-going girl ever. Maybe it's because she's had to get toted around her whole life to her older siblings' activities. You will never hear a peep out of her. She's always just happy to be out and about with us, no matter what the activity. We are so grateful that she goes with the flow of our family. She is a smart little gal. She can already pick out letters of the alphabet in books, count to 12, and even count backwards from five. She speaks in complete sentences now and usually composes 4-5 word sentences. She is my little helper...always looking for things that should be put away or is out of place and does it without being asked (now if her older sibblings could follow that example). She is our singer and dancer. She is definitely our princess. She is known for testing out "poofiness" of dresses by twirling around to make sure it fits her descrimination and approval.
We love you more than words can say! Here's to you, "Mootsie," Happy Birthday!
We took her to good old Chuck E. Cheese for the birthday.

Here's a little clipping of M blowing out the candles (a little early)...

4 comments:

Mer said...

I remember when your little cutie was born. Cheryl, you and I all had play date visiting teaching. I miss that!

Penny said...

I can not believe that she is 2 already. Yikes! AND she knows letters and numbers. Wow - you have set the bar high for the rest of us. Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! I love the Costco princess cake, too!

the Dao's said...

They are simply irrestiablly adorable. If the airfare goes down (the outlook is pretty slim right now), we will see you next month!