Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple Pickin




I think this is the first time I had to turn the heat and air conditioner on in the same week. This past weekend, we had weather in the 80's. We had to take full advantage of it. We took the kids apple picking. I didn't realize how many different apples there were out there. Before we loaded up on certain apple types, I made Cedric do a taste test to see if we wanted to pick any of them. By the fifth kind, he wasn't so willing to be our taster. I didn't blame him! The winner for taste for us was the Golden Delicious. The kids loved picking the apples off the trees. We have so many apples now that I have to get pretty creative with what to do with them! I've made apple crisp and will make some apple pie later today. I think I will make some apple dumplings soon too. If you have any good apple recipes, bring them on!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Homemade applesauce is really easy and surprisingly yummy. Just cut up the apples and put them in a pot with some water (fill pot with apples, then fill halfway with water). You can add some sugar if you want, but it doesn't usually need any. Then put it all in the blender when it's mushy. It is soooo good while it's warm.